INSTRUCTIONS FOR POSTING APPEARANCE/PROPERTY BONDS
- Pick up an assessment certificate for your property in the Assessor’s Office.
- Go to the Sheriff’s Office to get the bond amount.
- Purchase a mortgage certificate from the Clerk of Court Recording Department. The fee is $20.00. (CASH ONLY)
- Bring the mortgage certificate and assessment to the Sheriff’s Office to have the bond prepared for $30.00. (CASH ONLY!)
- Bring the signed bond to the Clerk of Court for recordation. The fee is $105.00 per Appearance Bond. (CASH ONLY)
- Bring the certified copy to the Sheriff’s office.
ALL FEES PAID TO THE NATCHITOCHES CLERK OF COURT ARE NON–REFUNDABLE.
Instructions for Cancelling an Appearance Bond
- Obtain a copy of the recorded bond(s) from the Clerk of Court Recording Department.
- Bring the recorded bond to the Sheriff’s office to confirm clearance on the bond.
- If bond is clear, Sheriff’s office prepares the cancellation.
- Bring prepared cancellation to the Clerk’s office for recording. The cancellation fee is $55.00.