Birth Certificates/Cards

This form may be filled out and brought in to our office to request a birth certificate or a birth card. Death certificates are not available in the Clerk's Office; they are, however, obtainable with the birth certificate mail-in form to the Louisiana Office of Vital Statistics.

Clerk Book Petition Form

This form may be used to file Clerk Book (Small Claims) suits.

Discharge Records

Expungement Package - Criminal

Marriage License

Mortgage Related Forms

This is the form used to request a Mortgage Certificate on an entity and his or her property.

This form may be submitted to cancel a mortgage that has prescribed.

This affidavit is used only when the note paraphed for identification with the mortgage has been lost or destroyed and the last holder of the note can verify that fact.

This form may be submitted to cancel a Money Judgment that has prescribed.

This form is required under provisions of La. C.C. Article 3366.

New User Agreements

Applications can be faxed or emailed to (318)-352-9321 or, original needs to be mailed with payment to Clerk of Court, P.O. Box 476, Natchitoches, LA 71458.

Notary Forms

Louisiana Secretary of State's web-site has all the information concerning becoming a Notary Public.

Oath of Office

This form is submitted for those wishing to be sworn into office. The form must be accompanied by a letter from the office requesting the swearing, and must instruct the Clerk of Court and Deputy Clerks of Court to swear in the individual.


The form DS-11 application for passport may be accessed and conveniently filled out online, then printed, at the Passport Agency website,  An abundance of information concerning travel may also be obtained at the website.

Recording Fees Effective 08/01/2017 Pursuant to R.S. 13:844

Registration of Assumed Business Name

Self Litigation

These are instructions for representing yourself when applying for a divorce.

This form may be used for filing Clerk Book (Small Claims) suits.